Summer downunder! China Squirrel take us beachside on a sparkling summer day in Sydney, Australia.
We gave the classic Caesar salad a summery beach vibe by adding crunchy
Read my Summer 2017 Issue:
olive oil cooking spray
8 ounces bacon, rind removed, sliced, and chopped
20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (leaving tails intact)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1½ cups shredded coconut
vegetable oil for shallow frying
3 heads baby romaine lettuce, cut into quarters lengthwise
½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
8 ounces natural Greek yogurt
2 anchovies, finely chopped
juice and grated zest from ½ lemon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Lightly spray baguette slices on both sides with oil spray, and place in a single layer on parchment-lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place all dressing ingredients in small bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring for 3 minutes or until crisp and browned. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Beat egg in a small bowl, and place the shredded coconut onto a plate. Working one at a time, dip shrimp into beaten egg and coat in coconut.
- Place coated shrimp on a parchmentlined tray. Pour 1 inch of oil into a heavy-bottomed frying pan, and heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches of 2–3, fry shrimp in hot oil until golden and crisp, about 1–2 minutes each side. Transfer cooked shrimp to a tray lined with paper towel.
- Arrange lettuce onto serving plates and drizzle with dressing. Place shrimp and baguette slices onto plates, and sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Made it? Tell us about it–