I just love the bright, refreshing flavor of this soup! Sheep yogurt has a bit more zing than traditional yogurts.
Israeli Feast! Israeli fare celebrates the exotic spices, cherished traditions, and bright, bold flavors of its historic region. This cuisine is making a huge splash here in the states—the same way French and Italian cooking did in the 20th century! Cookbook pages and restaurant menus are filling with colorful salads, delicious spreads, and flower water-spiked desserts. Here, I have created a light summer meal with the influence of the holy land.
SERVES 4 AS A MAIN COURSE OR 6 AS AN APPETIZER
8 oz sheep yogurt
1 clove garlic, grated or minced
½ cup almond milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
small handful of fresh dill+a few sprigs for garnish
sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Chop 6 cucumbers and add to blender.
- Chop the last cucumber into small dice for garnish.
- Add yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper to blender and blend until smooth.
- Add almond milk to thin out to a pouring consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Chill for about 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour into bowls or cups, and top with diced cucumber, pomegranate seeds, and dill sprigs.
Made it? Tell us about it–