Chilled soup is a refreshing lunch. I made mine vegetarian, but you can add eggs, chicken, or shrimp if you like. Substituting zucchini noodles for regular noodles really cuts the calories!
1 can coconut milk
1 tablespoon red curry paste, or to taste
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
juice from 1/2 lime
1 1-inch piece of peeled ginger
2 garlic cloves, sliced
soy sauce to taste
2 small summer squash or zucchini, thinly spiraled
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
1/2 cucumber, julienned
1/2 red chili, thinly sliced
- In a large pot, bring to a boil the coconut milk, curry paste, stock, lime juice, ginger, and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and season with soy sauce.
- Strain broth into two heatproof bowls and set aside cool.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and blanch the squash for 20 seconds. Then place immediately in an ice bath.
- Add squash, scallions, carrots, cucumber, and chili to cold broth. Garnish with mint and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–