Pop-tarts on a stick!
Makes about 15 pie cookies
2 stick salted butter room temp.
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bonne Maman Strawberry Jam
15 lollipop sticks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat it well into the mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before use.
- Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut out 1-inch-round cookies and transfer to a parchment-paper-covered baking tray.
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon jam in the middle of half the cookies; place a lollipop stick in the middle and another cookie on top.
- With a fork, press around all the edges to seal.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until just golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–