This was one of my favorite childhood dishes. It’s so easy to make.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
1 leek, only the white, chopped
1 large cauliflower head, chopped
5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup cream
salt & pepper, to taste
glug of olive oil
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté onion, potatoes, and leeks until the onion goes soft.
- Add cauliflower and stock.
- Bring to a boil and let soup simmer for 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is really soft.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into pot, add cream, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season and serve with some olive oil drizzle and black pepper on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–