A straight-forward weeknight pasta recipe made super-special with the flavorful crispy cauliflower. This recipe is from Donna Hay's book "The New Easy".
24 oz cauliflower, trimmed, and roughly chopped
1⁄2 cup pine nuts
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1⁄4 cup oregano leaves
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
sea salt and cracked black pepper
14 oz orecchiette
grated Parmesan or Pecorino, to serve
- Place the cauliflower and pine nuts in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, garlic, cauliflower mixture, oregano, lemon rind, chili, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Toss the pasta with the cauliflower mixture and sprinkle with the cheese to serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–