We took a classic TRES LECHES cake and added an extra LECHE! A simple, homey dessert great for entertaining.
Read my Fall 2017 Issue:
You will need:
1 cup condensed milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup cream
1 cup+1⁄3 cup milk
1 cup all purpose flour
11⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a glass 9x9 Pyrex pan.
- Mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, cream, milk, and vanilla extract. Reserve in the fridge.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Using a mixer, whisk or beat the eggs whites with half the sugar until you create a meringue. Mix the yolks with the remaining sugar, and add to the egg white meringue.
- Add the dry ingredients and 1⁄3 cup of milk and mix well.
- Place in the glass pan and bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Pour the milk mixture into the cake.
- Top with frosting.
Made it? Tell us about it–