I just love rich and decadent jam bars! You can use any type of jam you like to make these bars. The streusel topping is FABULOUS! I used currant jam and a little bit of ginger in mine.
Makes 9x9” pan
You will need:
For the Bars:
11⁄2 sticks unsalted butter+more for greasing, at room temperature
1⁄2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups all purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
12 oz jar of jam or jelly, I used red currant jelly
Optional - 2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated ona microplane
For the Streusel:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
3⁄4 cup all purpose flour
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Butter a 9x9” baking dish.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and beat until combined.
- Add the flour and salt and stir until just combined.
- Press into pan to form an even layer.
- Bake until set and lightly golden at edges. This will take about 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together the jelly, and ginger if you're using it.
- To make the streusel, mix the butter and sugar.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until crumbly.
- Once the base has cooled, spread the jelly mixture into an even layer.
- Scatter with the streusel topping.
- Bake until the streusel is lightly golden. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars
Made it? Tell us about it–