Bacon and a dijon vinegarette are perfect toppings for this Winter salad.
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1⁄4 cup olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1 large bunch dandelion greens, washed and dried
4 slices good bacon, cut into
1⁄2 inch pieces
2 thick slices country bread, torn into small pieces
- Mix the vinegar, dijon, and olive oil until emulsified.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add a splash of olive oil and the bacon; cook until golden and crispy.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon.
- Keeping the bacon fat in the pan, add the torn bread and toast until golden and crispy on all sides.
- Toss the dandelion greens with the vinaigrette. Only use enough to lightly coat the greens, and save the remaining dressing for another use.
- Top the greens with the warm bacon and croutons.
- Serve immediately!
Made it? Tell us about it–