Orange and chocolate is a flavor combination for the ages. I love these little treats, because they’re not overly sweet, but absolutely decadent. This is a recipe where you should break out your highest quality chocolate and cocoa powder. It won’t go unnoticed.
12 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
1 tablespoon orange liqueur
Grated zest from 1/2 organic orange
1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof dish.
- Place the crème fraîche in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the crème fraîche over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is fully incorporated.
- Add orange liqueur and orange zest, and stir well.
- Place in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours or until set.
- Shape the chocolate into balls in the palm of your hand. (Messy but fun)
- Dip in cocoa powder, and roll around so all sides are covered.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Made it? Tell us about it–