It's just like love, sweet, strong and with a kick!
You will need:
1 large ginger root
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
extra sugar for dipping
- Peel the ginger and cut it into 2 inch long julienne strips.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the sliced ginger.
- Let the ginger simmer for about 45 minutes.
- While hot place the ginger on a baking tray and pour enough sugar on top to cover the ginger.
- Mix well.
- Let sit out for two days or until the ginger has hardened.
- Remove from the sugar and place in an airtight container.
Made it? Tell us about it–