Put a duck egg on it!
Makes 4 small pizzas
1 cup luke-warm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon dry yeast
2 1⁄2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 oz grated asiago
20 thin slices of pancetta
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 duck eggs
a few salad leaves
- In a bowl mix water, honey, and yeast.
- Leave it for 5 minutes so that the yeast starts to work.
- Add flour, salt, and oil.
- Work the dough well together.
- Cover with plastic and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- On a baking tray, press the dough out with your fingers to form a large pizza.
- Add asiago, pancetta, and olive oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 4 minutes, take it out, and crack an egg in the middle of each pizza.
- Bake again, until the egg is set, around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take it out, add salad, and drizzle with a little olive oil.
You can swap in a chicken egg, but duck eggs are so rich and wonderful!
Made it? Tell us about it–