This is a super moist coffee cake with an amazing smell of berries and citrus.
2 sticks soft butter
11⁄2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
3⁄4 cup blueberries
2 nectarines, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add lemon zest, flour, baking powder, and salt and beat until you have a creamy batter.
- Spoon into a well-greased round 8” cake tin.
- Arrange nectarine slices and blueberries on top.
- Bake for about 11⁄4 hours or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–