This is a decadent one pot meal! I always keep a couple of rolls of puff pastry in the freezer!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 onions, finely chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced
salt & pepper, to taste
2 large sheets puff pastry
1 large potato, thinly sliced
2 oz prosciutto
1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan and sauté onions and scallions until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry so that it covers an ovenproof dish. You might have to use two sheets.
- Use a little plain flour so the pastry does not stick to the surface.
- Layer onions, potato, prosciutto, and thyme in the dish.
- Crack the eggs and place on top.
- Make some strips of the leftover pastry and place on top.
- Bake until golden and crispy, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve warm with a nice green salad.
Made it? Tell us about it–