Maple and espresso goodness coats every inch of this amazing bacon!
Recipe via Toby Smith of Toby's Estate Coffee
Espresso Maple Syrup
3 shots of Espresso
1⁄2 cup pure Maple Syrup - I love grade B
6 whole cardamom pods
1⁄2 pound of thick-cut, nitrate-free smoked bacon (approximately 6–8 slices)
1⁄4 cup Espresso Maple Syrup (recipe above)
- For the maple syrup, stir together the espresso and the syrup.
- add the cardamom pods and let steep together in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cardamom pods and it's ready to use!
- For the bacon, preheat oven to 350°F.
- lay the bacon out on a sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven, turning once, until bacon is mostly crisp but not too dry.
- Remove from the pan.
- Brush 1⁄2 teaspoon of the espresso-maple syrup on each slice of bacon and let cool a bit before devouring.
Made it? Tell us about it–