9 ounces dark chocolate
1 cup butter
6 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Chop the chocolate. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over hot water.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale.
- Combine the egg mixture and the chocolate.
- Whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Fold them gently into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into a 12-14 inch pie tin.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-28 minutes. Until the cake is set.
- The cake will rice and then fall. Don't worry, it's supposed to fall.
Made it? Tell us about it–