This is such a great cake. No flour so it's great for Passover. You can not cut slices of this cake so it needs to be served with a spoon.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Chop the chocolate. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over hot water.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale.
- Combine the egg mixture and the chocolate.
- Whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Fold them gently into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into a 12-14 inch pie tin.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-28 minutes. Until the cake is set.
- The cake will rice and then fall. Don't worry, it's supposed to fall.
Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream!
Photography by Colin Cooke
Made it? Tell us about it–