This is a great brunch salad. I mix the poached egg into the farro so that the oil and egg become the dressing.
2 cups farro
salt, to taste
1 bunch spring asparagus
2 tablespoons olive oil+more for dressing
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped chives
pinch of red chili flakes
salt & pepper, to taste
4 poached eggs
- Cook the farro in salted water until al dente and drain.
- Sauté the asparagus in olive oil for 1 minute and set aside.
- Add the chopped shallot to the pan and sauté until translucent.
- Add farro, chives, and chili to the pan.
- Cook until warm and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into bowls and top each bowl with sautéed asparagus and a poached egg.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and add more salt, pepper, and chili to taste.
Made it? Tell us about it–