Nothing screams spring like ramps and fiddleheads. I love serving them with farro or pasta. The taste is so “green and fresh”.
You will need:
1 cup farro
salt, to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
8 ramps, chopped
1 tablespoon pine nuts
juice of 1⁄2 lemon
salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the farro according to the package in salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the shallots until soft.
- Add ramps and fiddleheads and sauté until they start to soften.
- Add lemon juice, pine nuts, and farro and mix well.
- Cook until the farro is warm and starts to become a little toasted.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–