Summer time is fava bean time. They do take some work, but it's so worth it.
- Start by removing the beans from the pod. You need about 2 oz beans.
- Cook them for 4 minutes, then peel of the skin.
- Rub 12 sliced of baguette with a clove of garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until golden.
- Mash the beans with grated lemon zest of 1/2 lemon.
- Top the baguette slices with the beans, drizzle with oil, salt and pepper.
- Add some parmesan and voila... you have this summers best little appetizer.
Photography by Alexandra Grablewski
Made it? Tell us about it–