Blood oranges give this delicious salad a bit of drama and tang.
You will need:
3 blood oranges
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 medium fennel bulbs, very thinly sliced
1⁄2 red onion, very thinly sliced
1⁄4 cup parsley leaves, loosely packed
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon fennel pollen
1⁄4 cup olive oil
1⁄4 cup fennel fronds
- Cut both ends of blood oranges and, using a sharp pairing knife, remove skin and pith.
- Cut crosswise into thin rounds. Place sliced oranges in bowl and add a pinch of salt to intensify their flavor.
- Arrange fennel, onion, and parsley onto a platter.
- Tuck blood orange slices in and around salad.
- In a separate bowl, whisk citrus juices, fennel pollen, and olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and drizzle over salad.
- Top with fennel fronds.
Made it? Tell us about it–