The squash almost becomes pasta and tastes great with the garlic. Salmon is my go-to fish, I just love it... but the star of this show is the fennel seed! So delish!
2 summer squash or zucchini, cut into really thin strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon slivered almonds
salt and pepper, to taste
4 nice salmon fillets, with skin
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1 tablespoon butter
16 cloves garlic
lots of arugula
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Peel garlic and roast the cloves for 15-25 minutes at 400F, timing depends on the size of the cloves.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add squash, almonds, salt, and pepper. Cook until the squash starts to soften.
- Take it out and divide in bowls.
- Add the butter to the same pan and season the fish with salt, pepper, and fennel.
- Cook the fish 2 minutes on 1 side and about 3 minutes on the other side. All depends on how big your salmon filets are.
- Place salmon on top of the squash and add garlic and arugula.
- Serve with lemon.
Made it? Tell us about it–