This post is presented by my friends at Noritake!
For over a century, Noritake has had a commitment to quality, design, and craftsmanship in tableware manufacturing.
Visit NoritakeChina.com to view the complete Hammock Collection, featuring a variety of plate options, bowls, and serving pieces.
1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1 small red onion, finely chopped, divided
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1–2 teaspoons hot sauce, whatever kind you like best
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium head fennel
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup whole almonds
1 pound cooked pasta (I used penne)
1 cup grated Parmesan
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil, for serving
- Mix ground meat, half the onion, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Roll into 8 large meatballs.
- Sauté the meatballs in butter until done and golden, 12–15 minutes.
- Thinly slice the fennel and finely chop 1/2 cup of the fronds.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, and sauté remaining onions and fennel until soft. Add nuts, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix the fennel into the pasta, and add Parmesan, and some extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve with Parmesan on the side and a green salad.
Made it? Tell us about it–