Pizzelle are delish Italian cookies that are perfect for your holiday celebrations!
Visit my Minted site to shop the products featured in this post! Sweet Paul x Minted
I used my krumkake iron to make these pizzelle but you can use a tradiitonal pizzelle iron instead if you like. It's very common to flavor pizzelle with anise. If you want, you can add a drop or two of anise oil to give them a beautiful liquorice flavor.
You will need:
3 large eggs
1 /2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
few drops of vanilla extract or anise oil
- In a large bowl mix eggs and sugar and beat until light and creamy.
- Mix in oil and beat until well incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder and vanilla and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat your pizzelle/krumkake iron and bake the cookies using about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter at a time.
- Bake until golden and let them cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–