A perfect stir-fry: easy, fast and earthy.
1 lb fiddleheads
1 lb morels
1/2 lbs pancetta, cubed
pinch of red chili flakes
salt and pepper
- Clean the fiddleheads and the morels, do not wash the morels. They will get soggy. Just use a brush to remove any dirt. Cut them in half if they are big.
- Sauté the pancetta for a few minutes and add the fiddleheads and morels.
- If the pan seems to dry you can add a little olive oil or even better some butter.
- Sauté until the morels and fiddle heads starts to get golden.
- Sprinkle with chili and season with salt and pepper.
This is a great topping for toast.
Made it? Tell us about it–