2 kg pork loin salt pepper
2 onions, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
10 figs, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped sage
400 g small potatoes
- Preaheat oven to 220C, 425F. Score the skin or fat of the pork with a sharp knife. Rub the meat with salt and pepper.
- Fry the onions in oil and butter until soft.
- Add breadcrumbs, figs and sage. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay the loin out flat, place the stuffing in the middle and roll up. Secure with kitchen string.
- Place the meat on a rack in a baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 200C, 400F , and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, toss well in the fat from the pork and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve with the potatoes.
Made it? Tell us about it–