I used to love fish sticks as a kid, I still do but have to admit that I haven't had one in like 10 years. My grandmother used to make them and serve them with cooked potatoes, shredded carrots and melted butter. Om my, it was so good. I totally need to get my sweet ass down to the fish monger today and get some cod...... Enjoy!
2 cups panko crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 pound white firm fish fillet, such as sole, cod, etc.
- In a large bowl, mix panko, salt and pepper.
- Cut the fish into 1-by-3-inch pieces; dip in butter, followed by panko.
- Place on baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with lemon and steamed bok choy.
Photography by Colin Cooke
Made it? Tell us about it–