The creme fraich and egg layer is perfectly topped by the bacon and cheese.
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
¾ cup warm water
1 tablespoon white vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
3½ oz durum flour
5 oz all purpose flour
5 oz crème fraîche
4 oz bacon, in pieces
2 onions, peeled and sliced
5 oz grated Gruyère
- Place yeast and water in a bowl and leave for 5 minutes. If the mixture is foaming you can go on.
- Add vinegar, oil, salt, and flour and work the dough well together.
- Let it rise for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the dough in half and roll out to 2 long pies. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix crème fraîche and egg, spoon the mixture over the pies.
- Add bacon, onion, and Gruyère.
- Bake for about 10–12 minutes or until golden.
Made it? Tell us about it–