A lovely treat for breakfast or snack-time!
3 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
1 cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup flax seed
¾ cup grade B maple syrup
½ cup olive oil (if your olive oil has a strong flavor, use ¼ cup olive oil and ¼ cup neutral oil like grapeseed or sunflower)
¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¾ cup toasted pecans
½ cup dried cherries
¼ cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or oiled parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for pecans, cherries, and dates. Mix until homogenous.
- Spread mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir. Bake 20 minutes more and stir again.
- Let the granola cool for 20 minutes. Scrape into a large bowl. When it’s cooled completely, add cherries, dates, and pecans. Store in a sealed container in a cool, dry place for up to a month.
Granola is FUN -- customise it as you like!
Made it? Tell us about it–