A mix between bread and cake. Great with cheese and cold cuts.
This recipe is from my Fall 2015 issue!
You will need:
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 1/4 cups warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
10 oz fresh berries (I used blueberries and blackberries)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a baking bowl, mix yeast, water, and sugar. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add oil, flour, salt, and rosemary and mix well until you have a smooth dough. (If it’s too dry just add a little more water.)
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise until double in size.
- Place the dough on a baking board with some flour and add ½ the berries. Knead them into the dough.
- Shape into a bread and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F - 200°C
- Just before you place the bread in the oven, top it with the rest of the berries, sugar, and olive oil.
- Bake for about 35–40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–