Chili and lime come together in a simple recipe to make this shrimp and asparagus sing. Cooked in individual foil packages, this dish is so easy, you’ll wonder if you cooked at all!
I don’t really care too much about trends. They often feel overrated. But sometimes a trend comes along that I can get behind— like foil-package cooking. I love anything that makes everyday dinner prep easier and faster. Because, let’s face it, we don’t always have hours to spend in the kitchen. You can even prep everything the night before and bake when it’s time to eat.
32 raw cleaned shrimp
11/2 teaspoon harissa paste (or any chili paste)
juice of 1/2 lime
pinch of salt
1 bunch thin spring asparagus, cleaned, ends trimmed
2 limes, halved
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 425oF.
- Toss shrimp, harissa, lime juice, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Tear and stack eight 8-inch-long aluminum foil pieces.
- On each piece of foil, place an equal amount of asparagus and tomatoes, a lime wedge, and 4 shrimp. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Fold each piece of foil into a packet until its completely sealed.
- Place foil packets on baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice and a side salad.
Made it? Tell us about it–