So refreshing! So Strawberry!
Makes about 2 cups of cordial
1 lb fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
½ cup superfine sugar
½ lemon, chopped
1 vanilla pod
2 cups water
ice, to serve
chilled soda water, to serve
- Place strawberries and sugar into food processor.
- Process until a thick pulp forms and then set aside.
- Place lemon, vanilla pod, and water into a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and allow to simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add strawberry puree and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a container for the refridgerator.
- Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Next day, strain the cordial through a fine sieve.
- Serve with ice and chilled soda water.
- Store in a sealed sterilized bottle in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Made it? Tell us about it–