This classic french sauce gets a much more salty taste from the anchovy, but it's not too fishy.
Makes about 1/2 cup
1 garlic clove
2 anchovy filets
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/3 cup vegetable oil
- On a chopping board mince together garlic and anchovy to a paste.
- In a bowl mix together egg yolk, lemon and mustard.
- Pour the oil in drops at first while whisking, add a little more at a time and whisk in well.
- Add the garlic/anchovy paste and mix well.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Keeps in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Perfect for crudite or as a topping for a burger or for french fries.
Made it? Tell us about it–