This versatile and oh-so-zesty dip can double as a sauce and triple as a tasty sandwich spread á la mayo.
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
Makes 2 cups
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
2 15-ounce cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and add the garlic.
- Stir until the garlic starts to soften, making sure it does not burn.
- Add thyme and beans, and mix well.
- Add stock and let it simmer until the stock is reduced to half.
- Using a immersion blender, puree the mixture until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Serve with olive oil on top. I love to add a little crushed red pepper.
Made it? Tell us about it–