My take on the scallion pancake. Serve it with your favorite dipping sauce or as “bread” for a sandwich.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup boiling water
3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 cup thinly sliced garlic
¼ cup olive oil
- Place the flour in a food processor.
- Add the water a little at a time. The dough should come together nicely around the blade.
- Wrap the dough in plastic, and let it rest in the fridge for 2–3 hours.
- Remove dough from fridge, and cut into 20 pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough in some garlic so it becomes well incorporated.
- Flatten out and brush both sides with toasted sesame oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, and cook the pancakes about 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve while warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
Made it? Tell us about it–