Rich and chewy brownies flavored with classic gingerbread spices! This recipe is presented by our friends at Fiesta!
You can also easily kick-up a box of brownie mix by adding gingerbread spices. Add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, two teaspoons of ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon of cloves and your run of the mill brownie mix will turn into something super FESTIVE!
Shop Fiesta's bright and beautiful collection at www.fiestafactorydirect.com!
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup butter
1/4 cup molasses
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease or line with parchement a 9"x9" square baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan, stiring frequently, until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add molasses, and set aside to cool about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cocoa, spices, and salt and stir until just incorporated.
- Add the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Add flour and stir about 25 strokes until it's just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes until the centre is set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and enjoy! It's delish to serve these brownies with a dollop of whipped cream!
Made it? Tell us about it–