Gingerbread buttons are almost too sweet to eat! If you want to keep them as decoration, make them into a garland and hang in the kitchen.
Makes about 36
You will need:
- Preheat oven to 370°F.
- On a floured table, roll out the dough to a thin sheet.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes 2” in diameter.
- With a slightly smaller cutter, press a circle to decorate the edge.
- Make buttons holes with a thin straw.
- Bake for 3–6 minutes, depending on the size and thickness.
- Let cool and make buttons into a garland.
Made it? Tell us about it–