This simple sage butter sauce makes store-bought gnocchi taste amazing!
1 pack ready-made gnocchi
2 cloves garlic
¾ stick butter
12 fresh sage leaves
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 cup freshly ground Parmesan or pecorino cheese
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Cook the gnocchi according to the instructions on the packet.
- To make the sauce, first peel and thinly slice the garlic.
- Fry the garlic in butter on medium heat until it is tender.
- Add the sage leaves and continue to fry for around 30 seconds or until the leaves turn crispy.
- Toss the gnocchi with the sage butter and half the grated cheese.
- Divide the gnocchi onto 4 plates.
- Sprinkle the gnocchi with freshly ground pepper, the rest of the cheese, and the toasted pine nuts.
- Serve as is or with a fresh green salad.
You can use this sage butter on any pasta you like!
Made it? Tell us about it–