A delightful quiche with beets and gouda and an herbed crust!
Makes 2 Quiches
20 oz all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
8 oz olive oil
3 oz milk
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
3 cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons salt
1 cup grated Parmesan
pre-cooked golden beets
ancho chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust, blend all ingredients together.
- Using your hands, push into greased pans evenly, and up the sides. I use the metal tart tins with removable bottoms.
- For the base, whisk all ingredients together.
- Bake just the crust for about 10 minutes.
- Place crust on sheet pan. Arrange beets, pine nuts, cheese, and onions on pre-baked crust.
- Pour base over and sprinkle ancho chili powder on top.
- Bake for about 20 more minutes until set.
Made it? Tell us about it–