I can still remember the first time I tasted Gorgonzola. It was heaven on a spoon. The walnuts add a great texture to this dish.
Walnuts are my favorite nut. I always roast them in a pan or the oven as it really
brings out the oils in them. They’re wonderful just sprinkled with some salt and garlic as a snack.
½ cup walnuts
1¼ cups heavy cream
½ cup grated Parmesan+ more for serving
1⁄3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
pepper, to taste
freshly cooked pasta, whatever kind you like the best
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the walnuts on a baking tray and toast until golden.
- Heat up the cream in a medium pot, but don’t let it boil.
- Add Parmesan and Gorgonzola and let the cheese melt into the cream while stirring.
- Toss the sauce over freshly cooked warm pasta.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and sprinkle on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–