Boy, do these brownies have ZING! The grapefruit quick jam topping is so good too!
Makes 18 bars
7 tablespoons butter
3 oz white chocolate
1 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 grapefruit, zested
3 tablespoons grapefruit juice
¾ cup all purpose flour
2 grapefruit, just fruit and juice
½ pod vanilla seeds
½ cup light brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Butter an 8x8” baking pan or line it with parchment.
- Carefully melt the butter and white chocolate in a saucepan over low heat.
- Measure the sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted butter and white chocolate combination into the sugar and mix well.
- Add the zest and grapefruit juice and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the jam, place all the ingredients in a saucepan and let it simmer until thick. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Cool and spread on top. Cut into bars.
Made it? Tell us about it–