A fresh take on a classic green bean side-dish. This fresh and light salad has an amazing pop from the mint and a crunch from the hazelnuts.
1 1⁄2 pounds green, yellow, and purple beans
30 leaves fresh mint
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper, to taste
1⁄2 cup hazelnuts or almonds, finely chopped
- Fill a medium-sized pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- cook the beans separately by color, starting with yellow, then green, then finally purple. this will let the beans keep their color. cook the beans for 5 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the beans and transfer them to a bowl with ice water to stop the cooking process. take them off the ice and drain them again.
- In a food processor or using mortar and pestle, grind mint leaves, olive oil, salt, and pepper together to form a paste.
- arrange beans on a platter, gathering them by color. top with mint paste and almonds or hazelnuts.
Made it? Tell us about it–