I love cooking with fresh grene chiles in the fall. Serve this for a brunch full of flavor.
2 garlic cloves
4 spring onions or 1 small leek
1 celery stalk
1 fresh green chili pod
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 thick bunch young kale
1 large bag baby spinach
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
sea salt flakes and black pepper from the mill, to taste
1⁄4 cup heavy cream
8 oz feta cheese
rustic bread, for serving
cherry tomatoes, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 380°F.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- Slice the spring onions and celery.
- De-seed the chili and remove the stem.
- Chop the chili into small cubes.
- Put the onions, celery, and chili into a frying pan and sauté in oil for a few minutes.
- Add the kale and spinach in a few batches, stirring all the while. Keep frying for 3 minutes or until the kale has softened.
- Season and stir well.
- Pour in the cream and crumbled feta.
- Let the mixture simmer until some of the cream has been absorbed.
- Make 4 wells and crack the eggs into them.
- Place the frying pan into the oven and bake for 7–10 minutes, until the eggs are done to your preference.
- Serve with peasant bread and cherry tomatoes.
Made it? Tell us about it–