My take on the classic Asian salad. The tomato and chili vinaigrette is also delicious on barbecue chicken or fish.
2 ripe plum tomatoes, finely diced
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 small red chili, finely diced
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
pinch of salt
1 large flank steak
salt and pepper
2 heads of Boston lettuce
2 to 3 small cucumbers, cut into long wedges
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Rub the steak with salt and pepper.
- Cook it on a hot grill a few minutes on each side.
- Let it rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- On a platter mix lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro, and steak.
- Spoon the vinaigrette over the salad, and serve with lime.
Made it? Tell us about it–