This is the perfect summer lunch. It’s quite quick to whip up and tastes delicious.
1 large cucumber
2 cups water
1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons chopped dill
1 bunch asparagus
salt and pepper, to taste
1⁄3 cup toasted hazelnuts, cut in half
4 poached eggs
pinch of red chili flakes
- Cut cucumber lengthwise into thin slices.
- Place water, vinegar, salt, sugar, and dill in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the cucumber and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Rub asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Divide the asparagus onto plates and top with nuts, cucumber, poached eggs, and some chili flakes.
Made it? Tell us about it–