an autumn classic—grilled corn on the cob—gets a kick with a chili butter glaze.
You will need:
4 cobs of corn
1 mild chili
1 stick butter
1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
1⁄2 teaspoon gourmet salt, such as Maldon
- Remove the cornhusks and the corn silk.
- Boil the corn in a large pot of salted water for around 10 minutes.
- meanwhile, de-seed the chili. Discard the stem and then finely chop the chili.
- melt the butter and add the chili, salt, and pepper.
- Drain the corn and pat dry.
- grill the corncobs on medium heat until they are completely tender.
- Brush a bit of the butter over the corn as they grill, and then pour the rest over the cobs when they are done.
You can also add chopped herbs, lemon peel, or finely chopped garlic to the butter for a different flavor.
Made it? Tell us about it–