This sandwhich is hearty even without meat.
Halloumi is a greek semi-hard cheese that you can grill, it's wonderful and gives this sandwich great salty taste that goes so well with the watermelon.
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup parsley (any kind you like)
1 tablespoon capers
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
9 slices halloumi cheese
12 slices of watermelon
4 buns, mine where olive buns
- Start with the salsa. Place herbs, capers, garlic, and vinegar in a food processor and add the oil while you blend it.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or a pan and brush the halloumi with a little oil.Grill about 1 minute on each side.
- Toast the buns in the same pan as well.
- Layer the sandwiches with some salsa, watermelon, halloumi and top with more salsa.
This sandwhich tastes best if the watermelon is at room temperature.
Made it? Tell us about it–