Pizza on the grill is the best thing ever. It’s not that hard—you just need a firm dough and a really warm grill.
2 teaspoons dry yeast
11⁄3 cups lukewarm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
31⁄2 cups all purpose flour
1 bunch cilantro
1 lime, just the juice
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup olive oil
- Make the dough by mixing yeast and water in a bowl. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Add honey, salt, oil, and flour. Mix until you have a smooth dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for at least 1 hour.
- Place cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a blender and blend until you have a smooth, thick oil.
- Get your grill going—remember it needs to be really hot. You will need a clean grill rack for this, so clean it well if it’s old and gritty.
- Divide your dough in 2 and place each on well-greased parchment paper. Press them out using your fingers and coat with a layer of olive oil.
- Flip the paper upside down on your grill and slowly remove the paper. Let the pizzas grill for 3 minutes.
- Flip the pizza over and grill for another 3 minutes.
- Take it o the grill and cut into pieces.
- Serve with some salt and the cilantro oil.
Made it? Tell us about it–