Pineapple equals summer to me. When you BBQ them they become even sweeter.
1⁄2 fresh pineapple, thickly sliced
salt, to taste
pinch of chili
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 jar baby mozzarella
20 basil leaves
1⁄2 cup toasted Marcona almonds
20 slices dried pepperoni (sliced pepperoni dried in the oven at 360oF until crispy)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 lime, just the juice
red chili flakes
- Rub the pineapple with oil, salt, chili, and sesame seeds.
- Place on a warm grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove and cut into chunks. Place on a platter.
- Top with mozzarella, basil, almonds, and pepperoni.
- Pour oil and lime overtop and season with red chili flakes.
Made it? Tell us about it–