What's better than spiced cider? Spiced cider with BOURBON!
8 cups unfiltered apple cider
2 cups bourbon
6 cinnamon sticks
6 star anise, whole
2 teaspoon cloves, whole
zest of 2 oranges
dried persimmon or slices of orange peel for garnish
- Place the cinnamon sticks, star anise, and cloves into a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Lightly toast the spices in the pan for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the apple cider to the spices, simmer for 10 minutes without letting it boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the orange zest, and stir.
- Using a small handstrainer remove as many of the whole spices as you can.
- Add bourbon.
- Ladle the cider into mugs, making sure not to include any whole spices that you might have missed. Garnish with dried persimmon pieces or slices of orange peel.
Cider can also be served room temperature or over ice in small mason jar.
Made it? Tell us about it–